These small portion sized and delicious meatloafs will keep you coming back for more.
- 1 pound ground beef (90% lean)
- 2 ribs celery, peeled and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 large onion, peeled and roughly chopped
- 2 medium carrots, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 jalapeno, minced (seed the pepper if you want to cut down on the heat)
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/2 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper, or to taste
- 4 tablespoons BBQ sauce (prepare your own or use your favorite purchased sauce)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small food processor chop the celery, onion, parsley, carrots and garlic into a fine almost paste like consistency. If you do not own a food processor then mince these items into very small pieces.
- Mix the ground beef, vegetable mixture, jalapenos, egg, breadcrumbs and spices (everything except the bbq sauce) together until well combined.
- Spray 8 tins in a muffin tin with cooking spray. Put the meat mixture into the muffin tins evenly. Make an indent into the top of the meat and place 1/2 tablespoon BBQ sauce into the indent.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes or until the internal temperature of the meat is 160 degrees.
- Cool the muffin tin for 10 minutes before removing the muffins from the tin or they will fall apart.