This rice dish is with Bok Choy, Cashews and Golden Raisins.
YIELD 2 servings
o 1 cup Jasmine rice
o 5.6 oz. can coconut milk
o 1 head bok choy
o 1 bunch cilantro
o 3 cloves garlic
o 1/3 cup dried coconut flakes
o 1/2 cup cashews
o 3 tablespoons golden raisins
o 1 Lime
1. In a small pot, combine the rice, coconut milk, and 1 1/2 cups of water. heat to boiling on high and then reduce heat to low to maintain a simmer. Cover, and allow to the rice simmer about 20 minutes while you continue cooking. Once all of the liquid has been absorbed, remove from the heat and set aside.
2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Wash the bok choy and cilantro. Thinly slice the white bok choy stems and roughly chop the green leaves. Slice the garlic and roughly chop the cilantro. Set everything aside.
3. On separate baking sheets, sprinkle the coconut flakes and cashews in an even layer. Toast the coconut flakes about 1 minute or until golden brown, watching closely. Be careful not to burn them. Meanwhile toast the cashews 1 to 3 minutes or until golden brown, stirring occasionally.
4. Stir the golden raisins, the juice of half of the lime, 1/2 of the toasted coconut, and 1/2 of the chopped cilantro into the cooked rice. Season with salt to taste and set aside.
5. In a medium skillet, heat a little olive oil on high until shimmering but not smoking. Add the garlic and cook for about 30 seconds or until fragrant. Add the bok choy and cook 2 to 4 minutes or until the greens are slightly wilted and the stems are tender. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Remove from the heat and stir in the toasted cashews.